Civil Design Draftsperson
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civil Design Draftsperson to join our Team at our Norwest or Sydney CBD Offices. This fantastic role will include design and drafting full sets of engineering plans for public domain civil works, road detailing and building works for approval and construction in accordance with Australian standards and of Austroads road design requirements for public domain civil works, road design and building development civil works.
Who we are
Orion Group is a dynamic engineering company that has become known for providing exceptional value to our clients. We are honest, accessible, and valued for our commercial mindset. We use our deep understanding of development to drive innovative solutions to complex projects. We continue to grow as a direct result of our strong brand, quality of service, solid business practices and a culture to expand horizons. We are market leaders in our industry because of our vision and commitment to integrity, quality, and reliability.
Our vision is to be Australia’s leading source of professional services advice in our sector. We will change what it means to be a professional in our industry and we hope you will join us and play a part in achieving our goal.
- Provide technical input into projects as required
- Undertake documentation and design tasks with a demonstrated working knowledge in the use of civil 3D, Revit, and 12D at an intermediate level
- Assist with the development of company drawing standards
- General assistance with the preparation of Bill of Quantities
- Develop innovative solutions to problems and take necessary action to expedite the successful accomplishment of assigned projects
- Coordinate design and drafting activities with drafters to provide drawing sets to Orion standards
- Liaise with various project stakeholders including clients, consultants and relevant authorities
- Invoicing and budgeting of projects
- Ensure quality control processes for each project are implemented and documented
- Ensure work output is of a technically high standard, meets client needs, and activities are commercially viable.
Skills and Expertise
- Cert IV or Diploma in Civil Engineering and 5+ year’s experience
- Solid experience in the use of civil 3D, Revit, 12D software
- Proficient with Australian standards and knowledge of Austroads for public domain civil works, road detailing and building works
- Ability to coordinate existing and proposed services locations with the civil design
- Strong technical drawing, presentation skills and spatial awareness, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Able to work both independently and as part of team
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Professional development, mentoring & coaching
- A range of flexible work options
- Community days and cultural celebrations
- Access to innovative technology
- Employee assistance program
- Annual Performance appraisal and learning & development plans
- Regular team building activities, social activities and team sports
- Paid parental leave
Orion Group highly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.