Engineering Trainee Draftsperson
We are seeking an enthusiastic Engineering Trainee Draftsperson to join our team. This is a great opportunity to become a member of a growing company and continue to learn on the job with the support of an experienced team. Our office is conveniently located a short distance from Norwest Metro Station.
Who we are
Orion Group is a dynamic engineering company that has become known for providing exceptional value to our clients. We are honest, accessible, and valued for our commercial mindset. We use our deep understanding of development to drive innovative solutions to complex projects. We continue to grow as a direct result of our strong brand, quality of service, solid business practices, and a culture to expand horizons. We are market leaders in our industry because of our vision and commitment to integrity, quality, and reliability.
Our vision is to be Australia’s leading source of professional services advice in our sector. We will change what it means to be a professional in our industry and we hope you will join us and play a part in achieving our goal.
- Take information provided by designers and compile the drawing sets to Orion drafting standards
- From time to time, you may be required to assist with civil design including roads, lot grading, and drainage infrastructure
- Develop innovative solutions to design problems
- Assist with the preparation of Bill of Quantities
- Implementation of good practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to support the ongoing success of the business
- Ensure quality control processes for each project are implemented and documented
- Show willingness to learn work output is of a technically high standard, meets client needs, and activities are commercially viable
- Adoption, promotion, and adherence to Orion’s Quality Management (QMS) and Work Health & Safety (WHS) Systems
Skills and Expertise
- Currently undertaking the final year of a Bachelor of Civil Engineering Degree or has completed a Certificate Four or is enrolled in a Diploma of Civil Construction Design
- 0 to 1 Years Undergraduate Graduate Experience
- Working knowledge with the use of Auto CAD/12D software
- Technical drawing and presentation skills
- Efficient time management skills to achieve project deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Professional development, mentoring & coaching
- A range of flexible work options
- Community days and cultural celebrations
- Access to innovative technology
- Employee assistance program
- Annual Performance appraisal and learning & development plans
- Regular team-building activities, social activities, and team sports
- Paid parental leave
Orion Group highly values diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
This role is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents (Including New Zealand Citizens). If this exciting opportunity has captured your interest, please submit your application now