Senior Construction Project Manager – Industrial & Infrastructure
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Construction Project Manager to join our Industrial & Infrastructure team at our Norwest or Sydney CBD Offices. This senior role will provide technical expertise, leadership, mentorship, manage budgets, forward workload planning, and manage key stakeholder communication.
Who we are
Orion Group is a dynamic engineering company that has become known for providing exceptional value to our clients. We are honest, accessible, and valued for our commercial mindset. We use our deep understanding of development to drive innovative solutions to complex projects. We continue to grow as a direct result of our strong brand, quality of service, solid business practices, and a culture to expand horizons. We are market leaders in our industry because of our vison and commitment to integrity, quality, and reliability.
Our vison is to be Australia’s leading source of professional services advice in our sector. We will change what it means to be a professional in our industry and we hope you will join us and play a part in achieving our goal.
- Preparation/submission or assessment of contractual components of works such as NODs, EOTs, Variations, Progress Claims, etc.
- Experience managing budgets, forecasting, and subcontractor and/or subconsultants
- Undertaking TfNSW Works Authorisation Deeds (WAD)
- Business development
- Experience with local government and service authority construction standards, specifications, and delivery processes
- Planning, execution, and finalisation of projects according to deadlines and within budget across the full project life cycle. This includes the acquisition of resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan
- With the Manager of Industrial & Infrastructure, take a leadership role in the coordination, mentoring and management of the I&I team resources to meet project and client milestones
- Ensure work output is of a technically high standard, meets client needs, and activities are commercially viable.
Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or Construction
- Valid NSW driver’s license or equivalent
- Charted with Engineers Australia (desirable)
- 10+ year’s experience in the civil construction/project management industry working on projects $10m+ in land development and/or infrastructure (council/TfNSW upgrades)
- Sound understanding of civil, utilities, earthworks in terms of construction, methodology, pricing, and experience managing and integrating multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience as either a contractor who was directly responsible for delivery of construction works and contract administration for the project or client-side superintendent/project manager or a mixture of both
- MS Project experience with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Professional development, mentoring & coaching
- A range of flexible work options
- Community days and cultural celebrations
- Access to innovative technology
- Employee assistance program
- Annual Performance appraisal and learning & development plans
- Regular team building activities, social activities and team sports
- Paid parental leave
Orion Group highly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.