Consulting for a broader horizon.
Our collaboration with you throughout the project ensures that solutions are robust, environmentally sustainable and grounded in intelligent engineering design. With integrity at the forefront of our approach, we guide you to understand the complexities, risks, and opportunities of your urban project, providing an honest appraisal of the project from inception through to completion.
Our Urban Development team is here to drive your project through access to a range of specialised services. Your project will be delivered by a dedicated team that is supported by industry leading technical experts. Our range of specialist professional services, that focus on development, enhances the traditional consulting approach, with a full appreciation of the commercial drivers behind project success.
We comprehensively manage compliance and approvals plus provide you with strategic counsel throughout the lifecycle of your project. Our extensive membership connections ensure we are always right on the pulse - via the Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA), Property Council, Western Sydney Business Connection, Engineers Australia and Consult Australia.
Orion has a team of highly competent and experienced engineers and designers that work closely with our clients to understand each projects’ needs.
Our Urban Design Team is involved throughout the project lifecycle and ensures each design is practical, environmentally sustainable, robust, solutions focussed and encapsulates intelligent Engineering Design.
Our Urban Design team handle all of the following tasks required for a successful design and include:
- Road and Carpark design, including 12d and Civil 3d modelling
- Drainage design, including 12d and DRAINs modelling
- On Site Detention Design
- Water Sensitive Urban Design
- Flood Modelling
- Utilities Infrastructure Co-ordination
- Sediment and Erosion Control Design
- Bulk Earthworks Design
- Sales/Marketing Plans
- Traffic Control Plans
- Signage and Linemarking Plans
- Bills of Quantities
Orion has a dedicated team of Project Managers that engage closely with its clients to understand the complexities, risks, and opportunities of each individual project throughout its full life cycle. The resulting project appreciation is used to continually inform, refine, and execute strategies that will ensure effective project delivery in line with, or exceeding, client expectations.
We take the approach that Project Management is best delivered through a level of integrity that provides an honest appraisal of the project from inception through to completion and delivering on our promises.
Our Project Management team take an outcome focussed approach to successful task delivery. We can provide the following key services to our clients:
- Project Definition & Risk Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Authority Approvals
- Utility Strategy & Coordination
- Project Programming & Progress Reporting
- Cost Forecast & Budget Control
- Project Team Collaboration & Leadership
- Subconsultant Management
- Infrastructure Delivery
Orion's Construction Management team is managed and lead by highly experienced construction professionals. It is this experience and diversity of knowledge that sets us apart from the competition. Our previous hands on project experience helps us to proactively identify risks to the project and troubleshoot solutions to save time and costs on the project.
Our extensive network of connections from suppliers and delivery partners also helps us stay up to date on emerging issues that affect our industry, to keep our Clients better informed when making commercial decisions. Our team provides the following services in the Contract Administration and Procurement of Principal Contractors and Sub-Consultants:
- Superintendent / Principal’s Representative Services
- Construction Cost Estimation
- Constructability Risk Assessment
- Construction Programming
- Scope Definition & Documentation
- Tender Management & Assessment
- Contract Preparation
- QA, Insurance & SWMS Review
The team at Orion has extensive experience working for and alongside many of Australia’s leading property developers. Having the ability to enhance traditional engineering and construction services with a full appreciation of the commercial drivers behind project success means that Orion can offer a unique, informed, and discreet service to its clients.
Orion has experience in delivering the following:
- Feasibility & Due Diligence Assessments
- Opinion of Probable Costs
- Commercial Assessments
- Stakeholder Engagement & Management
- Development Programming
- Planning Agreement Advice
- Exit Strategy Definition & Management
- Build Out Solutions (Integrated Sites)
Orion planners are industry recognised and commercially minded with backgrounds in local government, private consulting and the development industry.
Our Planning team can assist you with:
- Approvals Pathways
- Development Applications
- Issues Resolution
- Land & Environment Court Appeals
- Planning Due Diligence
- Planning Proposals (rezoning applications)
- Rezoning Review Applications
- Planning Agreements
- Planning Submissions
- Review of Determination Applications
- Highest & Best Use Assessments (compulsory acquisitions)
Our high performing, experienced and capable project managers and designers are well known for their specialist knowledge. Our team effectively provides water servicing coordination, design and project management of water, recycled water, pressure sewer and waste water infrastructure. Our team undertake and manage all aspects of Sydney Water requirements associated with these types of projects.
Our services include:
- All types of applications with Sydney Water including Section 73/Complying Applications / Feasibility Application to determine your development’s requirements prior to the development and adjustment and deviation applications
- Initial review of Industrial, commercial and residential developments and provide advice to assist you with your planning.
- Master planning and overall development planning.
- Building Plan Approval
- Sewer and Water Reticulation/Trunk Design and Project Management
- Sewer and Water Adjustment/Deviation Design and Project Management
- Recycled water Design and Project Management
- Pressure sewer Design and Project Management
- Interim Operation Plans (IOP)
- Preparation and implementation of Flow Management and Flow Isolation for potable and waste water pipes.
- Implementation of the procurement process for projects that are eligible for reimbursement from Sydney Water, including preparation of costs estimates, tender management and liaison with Sydney Water to obtain approvals.
Orion offers the full survey spectrum to the land development sector, utilising an advanced and evolving suite of instruments and software. Our Registered Surveyors have expertise in Cadastral and Land Development Projects and will add value from the land acquisition, development application, and subdivision application stages. Our early engagement on any development project is invaluable to our clients. We provide timely and concise advice on complicated titling matters from Torrens, Community or Strata/Stratum schemes.
Our Registered Surveyors work closely with the NSW Land Registry Services (LRS) to ensure meticulous, professional and legal standards are met to facilitate the early Registration and Subdivision Works Certificate for your development.
We offer the following specialist surveys:
- Detail & Topographical Surveys
- Plans of Redefinition
- Plans of Consolidation
- Land Subdivision (Torrens Title and Community Title)
- Strata and Stratum Subdivisions
- Acquisition Plans
- Engineering Setout
- Building Setout
- Works as Executed Surveys
- Identification Surveys
- Boundary Marking
Orion’s digital engineering team leverages the current and emerging technologies to assist our clients in the visualisation of their future development in context. Utilising the latest drone technology, we have the ability to capture a site in any condition to generate a 1:1 digital representation. From this, our Digital Team can create a virtual environment where the proposed designs can be displayed in context to the clients site. This can be via Augmented Reality and placing the design on the ground viewable on the client’s mobile device or via hologram in a HoloLens. Additionally, a Virtual Reality scene can be built replicating a video game like experience, allowing the user to virtually explore a site either on screen or in a VR headset.
Some examples use cases of Photogrammetric Drone Survey include:
- Change mapping of the subject site for progress reporting
- Automated and repeatable flight missions
- Coordinated visual maps for inground infrastructure location and quantification
- Fast and accurate volumetric calculations
- Applications where traditional survey techniques would be challenging (unsafe, steep and hard to access terrain)
- WAE checking and confirmation of design features built to design
- Dilapidation reporting on various assets (bridges, roads, solar panels, roofing, etc.)
- Heritage building modelling for capture of its integrity at a point in time
- Vegetation and erosion monitoring
- Fast DSM and DTM (digital terrain) generation
- Flythrough videos of the site for marketing and progress reporting
- Numerous export types available for the application at hand. These include but not limited to point clouds, reality mesh, depth maps, cross and long sections, contours and surface tins
Just as we believe in driving growth for our clients, we are on a growth trajectory to offer our exceptional service across multiple geographical markets. We understand that for every market, there are development nuances unique to that region.
For that reason we have partnered with long-term local industry veterans who understand your specific regional needs, delivering consulting expertise that is tailored to your project locality. Helping you to navigate the specific service, compliance and regulatory needs that apply for the area.
We’re reaching further afield. Contact us to see how we can help you expand in your geographic region and bring the best local knowledge to the table.