We leave no stone unturned.
We bring you decades of experience in the design of industrial estates and built-form warehouse facilities for major national and international developers. You can rely on our skills to engage with authorities, industry and the community to deliver the most cost effective project outcome. Our dedicated team of experts have a commitment to operational excellence. We focus on cost and time reduction and with a sound appreciation of the challenges in meeting regulatory standards you will be assured of project success.
Our expertise spans from an extensive experience in the design and delivery of light and heavy industrial developments and warehouses. We know time and cost are critical to the success of any industrial development and we have a rare and enviable appreciation of the design of estates and buildings that allows us to add value early on in the planning of our developments. This experience and value is then strengthened by our construction experts who manage the tender and contract administration of the civil infrastructure that supports warehouse development. At the end of the delivery cycle, our extensive experience in warehouse design ensures that our planning, civil construction and contract management is informed by a deep understanding of the end and primary use of our services.
Orion's industrial team specialises in industrial land development and subdivisions.
Our team have decades of experience in the industry working in the design of industrial estates and built-form warehouse facilities for major national and international industrial developers. With our sound knowledge of local and state government requirements, and our engagements with industry and authorities, it ensures we can produce and deliver the most cost-effective project outcomes for all stakeholders through our quality design documentation.
What we offer:
- Feasibility and due diligence
- Estate master-planning
- Subdivision design
- Development and State Significant Development Applications (DA and SSDA)
- Estate infrastructure design including:
- Estate roads
- Stormwater Drainage
- Detention basins and tanks
- Public utility coordination
- Water sensitive Urban Design (WSUD)
- Carpark and hardstand grading
- Bulk Earthworks design
- Construction Certificate (CC) designs
Orion has developed a dedicated and experienced team of Project Management professionals with the capability to work closely with clients on the delivery of light and large complex industrial developments.
The team can draw upon their extensive experience to manage all aspects of the project lifecycle from due diligence, development applications to completion and handover. We work alongside our clients and share project risks but drive solutions to reduce to costs and time but also ensure the project vision is maintained.
The Project Management Team are well experienced on the following aspects to successfully deliver industrial developments:
- Estate and warehouse design coordination
- State Significant Development approvals and management
- Risk management
- Program management
- Civil and infrastructure construction specification and tender management.
- Authority approvals
- Stakeholder engagement
- Infrastructure delivery
- Change management
Orion has developed a dedicated and experienced team of Construction Management professionals with the capability to work closely with clients to manage all contractual aspects of the delivery of large complex industrial developments.
The team can draw upon their extensive construction and contract management experience to achieve all aspects of project delivery. The team is skilled in the administration of contracts working closely with clients to deliver real value in the construction management of projects.
The Construction Management Team are well experienced on the following aspects to successfully deliver industrial developments:
- Design change coordination
- State Significant Development conditions management
- Risk management
- Program management
- Infrastructure delivery
- Change management
- Contract management
- Utility management including lead-in’s and management of utility relocation approvals and construction.
- Contractor coordination
Orion planners are industry recognised and commercially minded with backgrounds in local government, private consulting and the development industry.
Our Planning team can assist you with:
- Approvals Pathways
- Development Applications
- Issues Resolution
- Land & Environment Court Appeals
- Planning Due Diligence
- Planning Proposals (rezoning applications)
- Rezoning Review Applications
- Planning Agreements
- Planning Submissions
- Review of Determination Applications
- Highest & Best Use Assessments (compulsory acquisitions)
Our high performing, experienced and capable project managers and designers are well known for their specialist knowledge. Our team effectively provides water servicing coordination, design and project management of water, recycled water, pressure sewer and waste water infrastructure. Our team undertake and manage all aspects of Sydney Water requirements associated with these types of projects.
Our services include:
- All types of applications with Sydney Water including Section 73/Complying Applications / Feasibility Application to determine your development’s requirements prior to the development and adjustment and deviation applications
- Initial review of Industrial, commercial and residential developments and provide advice to assist you with your planning.
- Master planning and overall development planning.
- Building Plan Approval
- Sewer and Water Reticulation/Trunk Design and Project Management
- Sewer and Water Adjustment/Deviation Design and Project Management
- Recycled water Design and Project Management
- Pressure sewer Design and Project Management
- Interim Operation Plans (IOP)
- Preparation and implementation of Flow Management and Flow Isolation for potable and waste water pipes.
- Implementation of the procurement process for projects that are eligible for reimbursement from Sydney Water, including preparation of costs estimates, tender management and liaison with Sydney Water to obtain approvals.
Orion offers the full survey spectrum to the land development sector, utilising an advanced and evolving suite of instruments and software. Our Registered Surveyors have expertise in Cadastral and Land Development Projects and will add value from the land acquisition, development application, and subdivision application stages. Our early engagement on any development project is invaluable to our clients. We provide timely and concise advice on complicated titling matters from Torrens, Community or Strata/Stratum schemes.
Our Registered Surveyors work closely with the NSW Land Registry Services (LRS) to ensure meticulous, professional and legal standards are met to facilitate the early Registration and Subdivision Works Certificate for your development.
We offer the following specialist surveys:
- Detail & Topographical Surveys
- Plans of Redefinition
- Plans of Consolidation
- Land Subdivision (Torrens Title and Community Title)
- Strata and Stratum Subdivisions
- Acquisition Plans
- Engineering Setout
- Building Setout
- Works as Executed Surveys
- Identification Surveys
- Boundary Marking
Orion’s digital engineering team leverages the current and emerging technologies to assist our clients in the visualisation of their future development in context. Utilising the latest drone technology, we have the ability to capture a site in any condition to generate a 1:1 digital representation. From this, our Digital Team can create a virtual environment where the proposed designs can be displayed in context to the clients site. This can be via Augmented Reality and placing the design on the ground viewable on the client’s mobile device or via hologram in a HoloLens. Additionally, a Virtual Reality scene can be built replicating a video game like experience, allowing the user to virtually explore a site either on screen or in a VR headset.
Some examples use cases of Photogrammetric Drone Survey include:
- Change mapping of the subject site for progress reporting
- Automated and repeatable flight missions
- Coordinated visual maps for inground infrastructure location and quantification
- Fast and accurate volumetric calculations
- Applications where traditional survey techniques would be challenging (unsafe, steep and hard to access terrain)
- WAE checking and confirmation of design features built to design
- Dilapidation reporting on various assets (bridges, roads, solar panels, roofing, etc.)
- Heritage building modelling for capture of its integrity at a point in time
- Vegetation and erosion monitoring
- Fast DSM and DTM (digital terrain) generation
- Flythrough videos of the site for marketing and progress reporting
- Numerous export types available for the application at hand. These include but not limited to point clouds, reality mesh, depth maps, cross and long sections, contours and surface tins
The Orion structural engineering team provides exceptional structural analysis and design services, with an eye for innovation and cost optimisation. Using the best in CAD drafting software and closely collaborating with our survey and civil teams, we continually strive for clever design, articulated in easy-to-interpret drawings and plans.
Our Area’s of Expertise/Service:
- Substations / HV Electrical Infrastructure
- Light Industrial developments
- Heavy Industrial
- Water Treatment Plants
- Road & Drainage infrastructure assets
Just as we believe in driving growth for our clients, we are on a growth trajectory to offer our exceptional service across multiple geographical markets. We understand that for every market, there are development nuances unique to that region.
For that reason we have partnered with long-term local industry veterans who understand your specific regional needs, delivering consulting expertise that is tailored to your project locality. Helping you to navigate the specific service, compliance and regulatory needs that apply for the area.
We’re reaching further afield. Contact us to see how we can help you expand in your geographic region and bring the best local knowledge to the table.